5 reasons to choose Lisbon as DMC destination
City on the banks of the Tagus River, with an enviable temperature throughout the year and a vibrant atmosphere. This is Lisbon, the city of seven hills, merging the traditional heritage of its past with some of the most modern parts of Western Europe.Since it is not a big city, it is possible to visit it in about 3 days, taking time to discover its more charismatic neighborhoods such as Baixa and Alfama or Belem.From Lisbon it is possible to visit nearby places such as the popular Sintra, Cascais or Mafra Are you not convinced yet?
1. Diversity of hotels: Due to the significant increase in congress tourism in Lisbon, 30% in the last year according to the ICCA, the city has developed enormously in hotel infrastructure. The construction of hotels near large convention centers has helped to increase this type of tourism.
2. Good flight connections: The new Terminal 1 of the Lisbon airport – Portela, has increased the connection of international flights with Portugal. The new terminal is well connected to the city center by train, bus and taxi. From Terminal 2, the “low cost” flights depart.
3. Professional service: Lisbon has developed a large network of services aimed to satisfying all the needs of the MICE visitor. The city has all the necessary infrastructures for the organization of congresses or fairs.
4. Maritime city: The beaches of the Estoril coast are the most famous on the Atlantic coast. Cliffs with stunning views, wild landscapes and long sandy beaches just a few kilometers from the Portuguese capital.
5. Cultural city: The museums of Lisbon guard an endless number of artistic works. We can find the National Museum of Ancient Art located in the beautiful Palazzo das Janelas Verdes or the Calouste Gulbenkian Museum with German and Italian paintings from the 17th or 18th centuries.In Belem we can find the Cultural Center of Belem, the main artistic focus of the city, with concerts every week.
Are you planning to travel to Lisbon with your group or company?
Find out what E & TB Group can do for you and the advantages of choosing a Destination Management Company in Portugal.
Activities for incentive groups
Some extraordinary ways to discover the city with your incentive trip in Lisbon!
Tour with dinner and fado show
What a better way to experience Lisbon than a dinner with traditional food while listening to Fado?50 minutes of show with 2 singers and 2 guitarists, where your incentive group in Lisbon can get to see the soul of the city. The space where the show is held has perfect acoustics and a great space to enjoy the talented youngsters.The dinner will consist of the most traditional dishes of Portuguese cuisine, where you can taste the typical cod, cooked in one of the dozens of possible ways.
Boat trip at sunset
We will leave Belém just before sunset on a sailboat, from where we can contemplate from the ocean the views of the Lisbon coast with the impressive Jerónimos monastery, the Belén Tower, the Plaza del Comercio …To the experience we will add a glass of traditional Portuguese wine to enjoy even more the magical moment.
Activity with limited amount of people.
Excursion to Sintra in 4×4
With this day trip from Lisbon we will arrive at the Sintra-Cascais Natural Park where we can discover palaces, cliffs, forests …With the 4×4 we can travel unpaved roads and dream forests to reach Sintra, one of the most beautiful cities in the country.After the tour, we will enjoy the gastronomy in a local restaurant.The tour includes a guided tour to visit the city center.On the way to Lisbon, we will make a stop at the Pena Palace, one of the most beautiful and visited in the country. Your incentive group in Lisbon will really enjoy this day!
Horse ride in Comporta
Perfect activity for animal-loving groups who want to ride horses and enjoy these animals on the beaches of Comporta, strolling along its white sandy beaches within the 14,000 hectares of nature reserve. Comporta is located on the peninsula of Setúbal, in the south of Lisbon.The activity is carried out with an expert guide in horse riding.
Portuguese cuisine workshop
The activity may consist of a Portuguese food, tapas or pastries.The lunch or dinner will consist of the preparation of an entree and a main course.The pastry will consist of the preparation of a dessert, possibly the famous cream cake.And the option of tapas consists of 4 small dishes that could be cod cake or scrambled black pudding.This activity is perfect for communication through the group as well as the participation of all members.All courses are accompanied by music and wine to enjoy the Portuguese flavors.