5 reasons to choose La Rioja as a DMC destination
La Rioja is one of the most famous wine regions in Spain.With more than 500 wineries, the region offers a diversity of cultural activities for groups of incentives in Spain, as well as walks through its extensive vineyards or gastronomic tours.In 2012 it became the gastronomic capital of Spain for the Spanish hospitality federation and the Spanish federation of journalists and writers of tourism.
Are you not convinced yet? We have 5 more reasons to choose La Rioja as your incentive trip in Spain:
1. Wine Tourism: Visiting wineries in the historic towns of the La Rioja area is a pleasure for wine lovers. 500 wineries where in addition to tastings can enjoy routes through the vineyards, as well as tasting typical regional products.We can find traditional wineries or reconstructed wineries such as the Marqués de Riscal, an architectural example where the tradition is mixed with the architecture of Frank Gehry.
2. Good land connections: La Rioja has very good connections to arrive by road from the main Spanish cities. It also has a small airport with flights nationwide.
3. Gastronomy: Throughout the year there are markets and festivals where you can find the most typical products of the area.La Rioja cuisine is a traditional cuisine, without new trends, but always true to its roots. Their meats are perfect to combine with the wines of La Rioja. We could emphasize like typical plates, the potatoes to the Rioja, stewed with chorizo, or caparrones, red beans cooked in a pot of mud.
4. Activities around wine: Most wineries offer different activities for groups within the vineyards; from balloon rides to the creation of your own wine. All activities created to measure for incentive groups in Spain.
5. Cultural offer: In La Rioja we can find places declared World Heritage by UNESCO, such as the monasteries of Suso and Yuso, where the first words written in Spanish were found.One of the most notable museums is the Würth Museum, one of the avant-garde international contemporary art museums of the 20th century. The works of art that can be found in the museum are those of Mr. Würth.
Are you planning to travel to La Rioja with your group or company? Discover what E & TB Group can do for you and the advantages of choosing a Destination Management Company in La Rioja.
An area with a wine flavour
Logroño has managed to mix tradition with modernity, historic houses with new constructions, without damaging the historical memory of the city. Bathed by the river Ebro, it is the cultural and economic center of the autonomous community of La Rioja.The city has historically been a place of passage, since it was disputed between the ancient kingdoms of the Iberian Peninsula during the Middle Ages, and today, it is still part of the Camino de Santiago, which crosses the city.
A gastronomic must in Logroño, is Laurel Street, famous for its wines and pinchos. We can find seventy bars in this street, always overflowing with locals tasting the typical Rioja wine.
Tourist attractions for incentive groups
Winemaker for a day
Live the experience of working in a warehouse for a few hours. This activity is perfect as a teambuilding; It is about doing the pruning or leaf removal of the vineyard, depending on the season you are in, as well as working on the fermentation.Finally, you can taste all the wines of the winery together with a master class.
4×4 adventure through the vineyards
It is the perfect adventure to discover the interior of La Rioja for its vineyards and agricultural roads. The guides of this activity are experts in the area and the driving of these vehicles, which will take you through spectacular landscapes, historic towns and obviously extensive vineyards, where, optionally, you can stop to eat lunch with unique views while tasting products of the area.
Create your own wine
Through an oenologist, the group will create their own custom wine without needing to be an expert, learning to make a blend in the same winery, together with experts.The winning group, the one who creates the best wine, will take a bottle of Magnum size wine from the winery as a prize.
Balloon flight and toast in the air It is one of the most incredible experiences that can be done in La Rioja. The landscapes from the heights are unrepeatable and unforgettable.The activity starts from the moment we inflate the balloon until we land again, being in the air for about 75 minutes.Upon landing, we offer a typical Riojan lunch in the vineyards.
Horse ride among vineyards It is the best activity for animal lovers, combined with a visit to the winery and wine tasting.Guided route between vineyards, about 600 meters high, with impressive visas of the Ebro valley. Each participant has his own horse, and the route is accompanied by an expert monitor.