5 reasons to travel with your group to Barcelona
Barcelona is one of the main DMC destinations in Spain. Not only by hosting big congresses and fairs such as Mobile World Congress, it’s also a great business city, which has been chosen the fifth european favourite city for conducting business in Cushman & Wakefield’s European Cities Monitor 2010
Not convinced yet? We have 5 more reasons to choose Barcelona for your incentive travel:
- Modern hotel infrastructure: Due to the important increase in visitors to Barcelona in the past 10 years, the city has expanded enormously in hotel infrastructure and offer that has been developed since the Olympic Games back in 1992. Hotels in Barcelona are classified through a five-star rating system including Superior Five Star or Five Star Superior Hotels.
- Good flight connections: The new Airport Terminal 1 at Barcelona-El Prat helps to increase international flight connection to the city with more slots and international airlines operating from Barcelona. The new Terminal has good connections to the city center by train, bus and taxi. Barcelona counts also with other satellite airports such as Girona or Reus specialized in Low Cost Airlines.
- Professional Service: With years cultivating its touristic side, Barcelona has developed a big network of services oriented to supply all the visitor’s needs.
- Sea and Mountain: Barcelona has several golden sandy beaches. There are more than 4 km of beaches just 10 minutes by car from the city center. But it has also mountains such as Tibidabo and Montjuic connected with an excellent communication. Besides, slightly longer journeys can be planned to get to other mountain areas and nature spots such as Montserrat or El Montseny.
- Cultural city: Barcelona is a modern, lively and cosmopolitan city which has definitely made the most of its monumental architecture and its historic legacy. Beside its natural and constructed beauty, it has an extraordinary cultural scene agenda including music, theatre and exhibitions.
Are you planning to travel to Barcelona with your group or company? Discover what E&TB Group Can do for you and the advantages to choose a Destination Management Company in Barcelona.
A cultural City
You will always find something to do in Barcelona. The city has over 50 museums, showcasing permanent collections of works by artists such as Picasso, Joan Miró and Antoni Tàpies. At the Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya (MNAC) you can see one of the world’s most important collections of Romanesque art. It also has famous collections of contemporary art housed in museums such as the Museu d’Art Contemporani de Barcelona (MACBA) and Caixa Forum. Most museums stage temporary exhibitions.
One of the most important cultural events is the “Grec” Summer Festival: a date with theatre, music and dance. The city also hosts a number of renowned music festivals devoted to jazz, flamenco, classical and contemporary music. The city also has two classical music venues with a high-quality programme of events: the Palau de la Música and L’Auditori.
In addition, the opera house, the Gran Teatre del Liceu, hosts one of Europe’s most prestigious opera seasons. And that’s not all… You will also find areas where you can play sports in the open air and a whole host of leisure attractions, such as the Tibidabo Amusement Park and the old harbour area, the Port Vell. Barcelona is a box of surprises which will keep you entertained with countless cultural and recreational activities.
Tours for incentive groups
Some extraordinary ways to discover the city!
The Photo Rally is an extraordinary and inventive way to discover the beautiful city of Barcelona and its places of interest such as El Gothic, Port Vell, Franja Marítima, Port Olímpic and Parc Ciutadella
After a short briefing the whole group will be divided into teams which compete against one another in this “contest”. Each team receives a document with questions concerning Barcelona the participants have to answer.
To take the required photos, each team is assisted by a photograph. To begin the challenge the whole group altogether will strike off to the city by bike to work out the questionnaire. The group is accompanied by a guide-monitor as well as a mechanic-monitor who follows the group.
Then the discovery of Barcelona and its sights begins – an experience you will always remember. In the evening after talking about the impressions of the day the participants will get to know which group has won the competition and will receive a present.
Activity suggested for groups from 15 to 150 people.
Trixi Tour in Barcelona
Trixi is Barcelona unique answer to the challenge of urban traffic. This environmentally friendly runabout is at once a reliable taxi, an attractive advertising medium, and a popular leisure vehicle. Trixi combines a streamlined drive system, sophisticated engineering, modern design and special travelling comfort.
“It seems to be awful hard for the driver“– This, or a similar sentence is usually the first thing that comes to the mind of pedestrians when thinking about taking a ride in a Trixi. No need for restraint! Every Trixi vehicle is equipped with a powerful electrical engine to support the driver when going uphill or with heavy transports. Generally you should not worry about the drivers; they all are quite in shape and proud on their abilities.
Activity suggested for groups from 2 to 20 people.
Barcelona Attractions for incentive groups
Circuit de Catalunya
Come at the Circuit de Catalunya to participate in activities of driving karts and pockets bikes. This activity will take place at Circuit de Catalunya that enjoys a privileged location. Only 32 km from Barcelona and 18 km from the Maresme Coast, the Circuit is located between two major communication roads.
We propose you to make a circuit with three activities where each participant will be able to do all activities free with no start time.
BATCH WITH KARTS:
You can have the possibility to drive a kart during 10 minutes. It is a good way to discover excitements of karts and organize amusing races with the other participants.
POCKET BIKES :
Enjoy the fun of our miniature GP and Cross motorbikes on the off-road track and on the paddock of the Circuit. This activity is especially recommended for groups. You can drive the pocket bike during 8 minutes in the circuit.
PHYSICS RACE WITH FOOT KARTS:
We propose you to divide all participants in groups of 2 persons and make a race with the foot karts. This is a good way to develop the spirit of competition of the participants and at the same time the teamwork spirit.
Test a Carver One on a Circuit
The Carver One is a tilting three wheeled vehicle using an automatic balancing technology to balance the passenger compartment under all conditions. It looks to be halfway between a motorcycle and a car, and, like many micro cars, the Carver has three wheels and the controls of a normal car. The three wheel Carver One is said to have the comfort, controls and stability of a normal car while showing the dynamic cornering behaviour of a motorcycle. The Carver One, seats two people. The Carver can be driven by anyone with a normal car driver’s licence in the European Union.
This activity permits to develop team work, communication, motivation, creativity and cohesion.
The Can Padró circuit is located 55 km at the North of Barcelona (around 45 minutes). It is next to an old Catalan Masia from the XIII century. The sport facilities cover 70 hectares.
Activity suggested for groups from 4 to 10 people.
Speed boat in Barcelona
See the skyline of Barcelona from the sea and experience the speed and thrill of a ride on X MAX, the first specially designed passenger speedboat in Barcelona. The speed boat is based in Barcelona where it offers daily sails from the Moll de Drassanes to Portal de la Pau (end of Las Ramblas next to Colón).
Maximum capacity: 40 people.